The Nokia 9210i Communicator is a business workhorse designed for use by professionals on the move. A QWERTY keyboard combines with fast internet access, email and a range of office applications to enable the Communicator phone to function as a miniature laptop.
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) client allows mobile corporate users to establish secure, reliable, trusted connections from their Nokia 9210i Communicator directly to their corporate Intranet.
Compatibility with a broad range of office applications is a key strength of the 9210i Communicator. The email application supports most attachment types, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project, Lotus, and is compatible with a very wide range of mailserver types. The calendar and contacts tools are also compatible with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Schedule+, Lotus Notes, Lotus Organizer, Oracle Collaboration Suite and SyncML remote synchronization.
A very powerful tool, but as with its predecessor, bulk and weight are its key disadvantages. Now replaced by the Nokia 9500.
Features of the Nokia 9210i include:
- Colour screen (4096 colours, 640 x 200 pixels)
- Operating system: Symbian
- Email protocols: POP3, IMAP4, SMTP (SSL, TLS)
- Fax modem
- Data speed up to 43.2 kilobits per second ( HSCSDH)
- Integrated handsfree speaker
- Total memory: 40 Mbytes
- User memory: 16 Mbytes (contains 6 Mbytes preinstalled applications)
- Memory card slot (MultiMediaCard standard - 64 Mbytes capacity)
- Connectivity: IrDA, Ir-TranP, cable (DLR-2L)